Looking at the alfalfa in the area we are now laying down the first cutting. As we all know the value of alfalfa as with all commodities are higher than normal. When considering alfalfa the goal is to get the crop swathed, baled and moved then plan for additional cuttings. Regrowth is the key and in many cases the challenge. This process is regulated by hormones ( auxin) in the auxiliary and crown buds. There has been research with much success in the PNW which implements the use of Phytohormones and some foliar nutritional’s. The original purpose was to enhance RFV, which was accomplished. The other benefit they observed was faster regrowth after cuttings and in many cases an additional cutting as a result of this. There have been many different combinations that center around the addition of these products. With this in mind I would like to suggest some options.
- Incite 4 oz/ac + Chrome Plus 1 Gal/ac + Spectra OC 1 QT/ac
- Incite 4 oz/ac + Hype 2 qt/ac + Spectra OC 1 qt/ac
- Incite 4 oz/ac + Spectra OC 1QT/ac.
The advantages of applying these products are as follows.
- Tonnage many reports suggest an additional .75-1 ton/ac
- Quality Higher RFV with proper management
- Plant health
- Water efficiency a healthy plant utilizes water better.
- Consistency of product which can be a problem many times after the first cutting.
Contact your local salesmen to inquire about our Innova Products.